Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm not sorry!

I'm not perfect, obviously, but I often find myself tamping down my natural inclinations. I often find my self apologizing for the things that come to me naturally.


The Psalmist says "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. (Psalm 139:13,15).

If my creator made me who I am than why do I expend so much energy on apologizing for it? I'm not saying that I never need to apologize, I most certainly do. I do not however, need to apologize for being what I was created uniquely to be. As a Jesus lover I am work in progress, graciousness, kindness and gentleness, are not always my first or natural response but everyday He does a little more work in me to make it so. In the meantime though, I will no longer apologize for being the things that make me me.  I tend to laugh loud, talk loud,  I say what I think often times without being asked.  My face will most certainly show you exactly what I'm thinking. I love people and being around them but I relish my solitude.  I don't like chatting on the phone I'm too distracted for that.  Email me a time and place and I would much rather give you my undivided attention face to face.  I sigh loudly with pleasure with the first few wonderful sips of my latte. I don't like Tim Hortons.  I need reminders because I forget, I get excited about something else before I even write it down.  I'm an all in or not at all kind of girl.  Guess what though, He made this way, on purpose!! And He loves me loves me loves me,  abnoxious or not, forgetful or not and whatever else about me may offend, He loves me and knew it before I was breathed into existence.  So, I am not sorry because He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers