Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Honey...welcome to my world!

Yesterday morning we woke up to a world blanketed in ice and snow.  My husband who typically leaves at 5:30 in the morning for his hour long commute spent that hour instead shoveling out his car.  (since then there is now space in the garage for it along with my mom-mobile, funny how its suddenly a priority, hehe)  So my husband decided since he was late already he was going to take the opportunity to drive our girls to school.  Apparently it's way cooler when Dad does it than boring old Mom.  I have to say that I really enjoyed listening to the exchanges as they got ready to go.  I was taking advantage of the time to get ready a little more unhurriedly for my weekly bible study. It was the typical morning stuff us Mom's are familiar with, Mom I can't find my Home Reading, she took my mittens, my snow pants don't fit (just needed a re-adjustment) you know the drill.  The funniest part was when my daughter realized that she had left her winter boots out the previous day on our deck and they were now completely full of snow. Oh the panic!! After finally seeing them all ensconced safely in hubby's car spare boots and all, my big, tough husband gave me a baffled, what the heck was that! look and said "wow what is with them this morning?",  I calmly replied, with a satisfactory grin on my face, "Honey, that was a completely normal morning, welcome to my world."   He was still shaking his head as he pulled out of the driveway.  And that is why I need the rest of the day to lay on the couch and eat bonbon's until it's time to pick them up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers